This unique service will broaden mental health support in two key ways:
- The trained support staff answering the calls will have a personal lived experience of recovery and managing challenges to their mental health. They will draw on this experience of recovery in their support and understanding of the caller’s unique experience.
- The service will be specifically after hours, operating from 5pm to 11.30pm, 365 days a year.
LETSS support workers provide non-clinical mental health support which helps people in times of distress, offers an alternative to attending emergency departments, and assists with access to appropriate in-hours services provided by state, Commonwealth or non-governmental organisations.
In short, anyone – it is a free service we are proud to provide. Specifically, those who may like to access the service would be:
- People with mental health conditions
- Carers of people with mental health conditions
- Families of people with mental health conditions
- Friends of people with mental health conditions
Call 1800 013 755
or use our online chat
to speak with a lived experience peer worker.